Monday 22 September 2014

17 in counting



So on the 19th of September it was my 17th birthday. I had amazing day catching up with friends, seeing my family and having a surprise picnic while in the process of adding numerous layers of fat on from how much junk food I ate, but that’s okay I’ll just have to work it off tomorrow haha or not.

It got me thinking though, not the food I mean because let’s be honest if you know me you’ll know that I don’t do diets.




I am however referring to what people tend to say and ask for example; “do you feel older now that you’re 17?” ….lol no I feel the same, sadly it’s not like in fiction novels where something incredible and absolutely mind-blowing happens when you turn a specific age. Believe me on that one, I learnt it the hard way when I didn’t get my letter from Hogwarts when I turned 12 or have Hagrid breaking my front door down.

he means Celest!! 


I don’t want to be a hypercritic in this matter so I will admit I have asked this question to people before but I really just don’t know why. Now when I think about it however I feel as if for people it might be a sign of hope that things will get better at a big turning point in life and your age I guess is a big turning point...

Another thing I constantly got asked; “Omg only one more year till you’re 18, aren’t you so excited?”…

”no. why are you?”

“yes being 18 would be awesome!”

“why?”

“…I don’t know…”

Personally getting older, not going to lie scares the fudge out of me. The age just holds to many responsibilities like Uni, income, the whole thing about “going in to the really world”. News flash universe I would rather be back in the playground not stressing about Uni or a job. I just want to cherish every moment now because I’m never going to be the age of 5 or 10 or 16 again, I’ll only ever be 25, 30,36 ect. And that sucks but that’s life.
It just amazes me how some people will hope for sleep, hope for Fridays, hope for the weekend and hope for the holidays but will never hope nor live for the moment they’re in.

Celest xo

No comments:

Post a Comment